Monday, January 6, 2014

Mushroom & Cornbread Stuffing Chicken Bake

I've posted this recipe before, but I made it with homemade mushroom soup this time and thought I would share! (To find the original recipe, click here!) 


This was a recipe that Will and I received at one of our wedding showers and it has quickly become one of our favorites!

I started by pouring some of the mushroom soup on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. (Click here to see my recipe for homemade mushroom soup!) 


I took 2 chicken breasts and sliced them in half. It cooks faster this way and doubles your serving size!



I then took a box of cornbread stuffing mix and and poured the bread mix into a bowl. I added 1 1/4 cups of boiling water and 3 tbs of butter. After it was well mixed, I evenly spread it oven the chicken breasts.

(Tip: I've added cheese on top of the chicken breasts in the past and it was very tasty!)



Lastly, I poured almost all of the soup left (save maybe a cup for my own enjoyment!) on top of the stuffing and chicken. It's all ready for the oven!



I threw the chicken in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes (maybe longer depending on the thickness of the chicken). 




Will and I really enjoyed the mushrooms and I think I may be making it this way from now on ;)

>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment