Saturday, January 11, 2014

Classic Potato Salad

I've only recently started making homemade potato salad and I love this recipe!

I started by dicing about 8 medium potatoes. 

I've shared this trick before, but my mother taught me to soak the potatoes in water to prevent them from turning brown. She used to dice potatoes for a recipe before work and leave them in a bowl of water so that when she would come home and make dinner, it would be ready to go! 


I threw the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water and got started on the sauce.

The ingredients include:
  • 1 1/2 cups mayo
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 2 tbs cider vinegar
  • 1 tbs yellow mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp pepper


After a quick mix, it looked great!



I chopped up all the veggies, which included:
  • 2 celery ribs, sliced
  • 1 cup (or bunch) green onions, sliced
  • 1 dill pickle, diced




After the potatoes were cooked, I added it to the sauce and then added the vegetables.


I hard boiled the eggs, let them cool, and then peeled them.



I roughly chopped up the eggs...



... and gently folded them into the potato mix.



After a sprinkle of paprika for garnish, it was all done! And super delicious :)


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment