Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cheesy Biscuits

I made some soup, and knowing my husband, I needed to make some type of bread to dip into the scrumptious mushroom soup I made!

And who doesn't love cheesy stuffed biscuits?!


The ingredients included:
  • Olive oil
  • Grands! Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits
  • Smoked Mozzarella cheese in clock form (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
  • Parmesan
  • Oregano
  • Salt

I started by laying the biscuits on my cutting board and then taking my palm and flattening each one out.


Next, I took 2-3 1 inch cubes of cheese and placed then on each biscuit.


I wrapped the dough around the cheese and pinched the dough closed. I then laid each one sealed-side down on a large greased baking sheet.


I brushed the top with some olive oil...


... and sprinkled the top with parmesan, oregano, and salt.


I threw them in a 350 degree oven for 11 minutes and then placed them under the broiler for 2 more minutes (I think I'll use the low setting on the broiler next time!)


I brushed the tops of the biscuits with a little bit more olive oil and then sprinkled a bit more parmesan on top.



They were the perfect compliment to the mushroom soup!


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis



No comments:

Post a Comment