Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I have scoured the internet (okay, Pinterest) for the perfect pumpkin spice latte recipe... and I have tried them all without falling in love. So I went back to square one and devised my very own recipe. And it is absolutely delicious!

The 3 extra ingredients that you need to have are pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, and pumpkin pie spice.


In a small mixing cup, I added 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk.

When making the other recipes -- the sweetness came from brown sugar or granulated white sugar, but I didn't like the grittiness or flavor. I grew up using sweetened condensed milk making Brazilian desserts like brigadeiro, flan, and dulce de leche -- and I love the caramel flavor it gives.


Then I added an equal amount of pumpkin puree (2 tbsp).


I then added a dash (or three!) of pumpkin pie spice.


I mixed the 3 ingredients and then added 1/4 cup of milk...


... and a 1/4 cup of half & half.

The more cream/half & half/whole milk you use the more froth will be created because it has a higher fat content.


All mixed!


If you don't have a frother or milk steamer, you can heat the mix in a small saucepan and whisk it to create that beautiful foam.


You can also use a french press by added the hot milk and them pumping the handle.


But I used my milk steamer attached to my espresso machine.


Make 1 cup of coffee (or espresso) and combine them!



 Try this recipe once and I promise you will fall in love!


>> If you end up making this drink, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment