Thursday, September 19, 2013

Elegant Votive Candleholders

I had these vases from my wedding and they were just collecting dust sitting in a box in my basement. I wanted to do something with them -- so ran to the hardware store and bought spray paint and rubber bands. I bought spray paint that will frost the glass. You could use any color or tint.


Here are the vases I started out with. You can buy them on sale at Michael's or Hobby Lobby (make sure you go online and look at deals & coupons for crafting stores).


I wrapped rubber bands around the vases in different intervals and angles. I also criss-crossed rubber bands as well. Looking back, I would have likes to also use rubber bands with varying thickness as well.





I set up a spraying "station" in my garage and turned the vases upside down so that the spray doesn't end up inside the vase.




This is after the first coat. I did two coats before I handled them.





Make sure when you remove the rubber bands to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty because the spray powder will get all over you.





All lit up!


No comments:

Post a Comment