Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

Growing up, I hated mushrooms. They are still not my favorite when they're raw, but cooked -- I LOVE them!!

I got this recipe from my girlfriend Aly, but I added sausage this time to try something new. The thing about this recipe is that I don't really have any specific measurements. It varies depending on how many mushrooms you have -- so I went by instinct.

I took 9 mushrooms and cleaned them up.


I removed the stems from the mushrooms.


I minced the stems and put them to the side.



I then cut about 1/8 cup of onion.



I melted about 1 tbsp of butter in a non-stick skillet.



I used 1 andouille sausage and 1 italian sausage for this recipe.



I squeezed out the sausage into the pan...



... and made sure to break down the sausage so they're smaller. I just cooked it until it was brown.



Then I added the onions and mushroom stems and cooked them down for a bit.



I added some bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper. At this point, I added some butter to gain the right consistency.



As the filling was finishing on the stove, I placed the caps on a cooling rack and placed the rack on a baking sheet to catch all of the filling that might fall. I love this trick!



I filled the caps with the filling.



Then, I placed the mushrooms on the baking sheet.





I threw the mushrooms in a 350 degree oven.



12-15 minutes later...



They were really good and didn't last too long!




>> If you end up making this appetizer, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis





No comments:

Post a Comment