Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY: Chalkboard Frame


I had this open space above my stove and I didn't really know what to put there. My husband suggested a chalkboard and I loved the idea -- so I did some research and found that it is super easy to make!!






We found a well-ventilated area to set up the spraying area. We put cardboard on a table in our garage and laid the glass on it.


Wait until the glass is dry (about an hour).


We did one horizontal coat about an hour after the primer and waited overnight to do a vertical coat.

After it's dry, place glass back into the frame. Wait 24 hours before using. Before your first use, use the side of the chalk to "coat" the entire board. To clean, I use a wet paper towel. And if you find the chalk isn't showing up well -- wet the tip of the chalk or write/draw on a wet board.


No comments:

Post a Comment