Saturday, June 15, 2013

Asparagus Tart


I love cooking with asparagus, and I love homemade flatbread/pizza/tart recipes -- so it was clear that when I stumbled on this recipe, I had to make it!

I've made it before with Gruyere cheese, and it was absolutely delicious! Gruyere has such a beautiful, smoky flavor but I felt like trying something a little different -- so I used smoked Mozzarella and Fontina. I like to cut the cheese blend with Fontina because it's very creamy.


Will and I shredded the cheese.



It produced about 3 cups, but we didn't end up using all of it. 
(Side note: this cheese blend tasted great on salad!)



I defrosted 1 sheet of pastry dough and floured my work area.



I rolled the dough into a 16-by-10 inch rectangle.



I transferred the pastry dough onto a baking sheet and scored the dough 1 inch from the edge.



I then took a fork and pierced the dough about 1/2 to 1 inch inside of the scored rectangle. This keeps the inside from puffing up.



I baked the dough in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until it was golden. Looking back, I would have baked it a little less.


I sprinkles on the cheese mixture...



... and placed the cleaned, trimmed asparagus on top of the cheese, alternating ends and tips.



I brushed a little olive oil (about 2 tbsp) on the asparagus and sprinkled salt and pepper before throwing it back in the oven for 20-25 minutes.



Here it is -- fresh out of the oven! 



This tart was so crisp, cheesy, and delicious :)





>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment