Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pistachio Cheesecake

My wonderful husband has two dessert favorites: cheesecake & pistachio ice cream. I wanted to surprise him by creatively combining them! 

This cheesecake is so delicious and completely sugar free!! I served it at Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit!

For the crust, I blended:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup ground/sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter


I quickly mixed it together in my food processor.


I then pressed the crust into a greased 9 in round spring form pan. Then, I baked it in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.


For the filling, I mixed:
  • 3 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 can (7 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 package (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix


I blended the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and pudding until it was well incorporated.


Then I mixed in 3 large eggs.


By that time, the crust was done and ready for the filling!


I placed the spring form pan on a baking sheet and poured in the pistachio cheesecake filling. I reduced the oven to 350 degrees and baked it for 60 minutes.


Perfect!


Make sure you let it cool overnight in the fridge!




I garnished our slices with whip cream and slivered almonds -- yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment