Monday, December 2, 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes

For Will's family Thanksmas party I wanted to make a decadent dessert and settled on a pumpkin cheesecake. I knew that I wouldn't have time for the cheesecake to chill, so I thought making cupcakes would be better!

(Here's a sneak peek of the finished product!)

These cupcakes have a delicious cheesecake filling. To make it, I combined:
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Already smells amazing!



For the dry ingredients, I mixed:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt

In another bowl, I added the wet ingredients together, which included:
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs

I whisked the wet ingredients together...



... and poured it into the mixed dry ingredients.



I gently folded the batter until moist.



In a paper lined muffin tin, I used my cookie scoop and added about 1-2 tbsp of batter.



Then I added 1-2 tsp of the cream cheese filling.





I scooped just a tad more into the cupcakes to cover the cheesecake filling.





I baked the cupcakes in a 350 degree oven for 18 minutes.
While they were hanging out in the oven, I made the vanilla buttercream frosting.

In a large bowl, I added 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened unsalted butter and then sifted in 3 cups of powdered sugar.



I blended the cream cheese and sugar for about 2 minutes until light & fluffy.



I then poured in a mix of 2 tbsp milk. 1 tsp vanilla extract, & 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.



Perfect!



Cupcakes are all done!



I frosted the cupcakes and sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on top. I used about 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs.



They were amazing!


>> If you end up making this for dessert, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment