Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Savory Parmesan-Garlic Monkey Bread

Will and I had a craving for monkey bread, but I wanted to swap the sugary sweetness for a garlicky goodness!

I started by adding 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese into a large zip-lock bag.


Then, I added about a 1/4 tsp of both salt and pepper.


I used 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits that were chillin' in the fridge.



I popped open the cans and cut the biscuits into four's.




I threw the biscuit pieces into the zip-lock bag and shook the bag like a maraca! 



All coated!



In a small saucepan, I melted 1/2 stick of butter and added in 1/2 tsp (or one medium clove) of garlic.



I whisked the garlic butter until the garlic was slightly cooked.



In a greased bundt pan (or loaf pan if that's what you have!) I added 1/2 of the biscuit pieces. I sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the biscuit pieces, but you could always use shredded mozzarella cheese.



I added the rest of the biscuits...



... and then poured the garlic butter over it.



At this point, you could always add more cheese (Parmesan or shredded mozzarella).



I threw it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.



It practically fell apart!!





We ate it with french onion soup -- it was delicious!


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment