Friday, May 24, 2013

Roasted Pork Chops & Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette

I had the biggest craving for this recipe. Will and I made it once before with pork tenderloin, but I just wanted to make enough for the both of us. It takes about 25 minutes and it's so easy!

I forgot to take pictures of Will and I prepping the meal, but I'll quickly re-cap what we did:

  • I preheated the oven to 400 degrees
  • Rinsed and trimmed about a pound of asparagus and put the spears on a baking sheet
  • Cut up 1/8 cup of onion (although I prefer to use shallots cut into wedges, about 3)
  • Tossed asparagus, 1 tbsp olive oil, and about 1/4 tsp of both salt and pepper
  • Threw them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, tossing once
Here's a picture of the asparagus halfway through.


After I threw the asparagus in the oven, Will seasoned both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. I then heated an oven-safe skillet on med-high heat with about a tbsp on olive oil. I seared both sides of the pork chops (2-3 minutes on each side) and finished them in the oven with the asparagus. They should finish cooking around the same time. 



It's important to let the pork rest for about 5 minutes before serving.



While everything was cooking in the oven, Will mixed together the mustard vinaigrette. In a measuring cup, he whisked together 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 tbsp of whole-grain mustard (we like to use Grey Poupon), and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.


I plated the pork chop and asparagus...


... and poured on the vinaigrette.


Yum!!

>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment