Monday, May 27, 2013

Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes


I like to think that I'm a minimalist in the kitchen, but there are those "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" recipes that I ABSOLUTELY love! And this is one of them.

Honestly, you can add whatever (within reason!) ingredients you want with double baked potatoes, and I went with mushrooms and cheese this time.

I picked out 5 potatoes.


And rinsed them.


I placed the potatoes on a sheet pan.



I drizzled about 2 tbsp of olive oil on the potatoes and coated each one.


I forgot to poke the potatoes with a fork, so I did that after I coated them in olive oil, which I would recommend you do before.


I threw the potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour.


While my guys were baking in the oven, I prepped the filling. I took 3 mushrooms and cleaned them off with a paper towel.


And I took 4 slices of bacon...


... and chopped everything up.


I cooked the bacon in a non-stick skillet.


I love bacon.


I then added 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet.




Then I added the mushrooms and browned them. At this point, I could have added onions and/or garlic, but I decided not to.


Potatoes are done!


Once they've cooled for a bit, I cut them in half and scooped out the filling with a spoon and put the filling into a mixing bowl.


I put the potato skins back onto the baking sheet.


I then added the mushrooms, bacon, a splash of half and half, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sour cream, and salt and pepper.


Once it was mixed together, I added some shredded cheddar cheese.


Filling is ready!


I put the filling into the potato skins...


... and topped it with more shredded cheddar cheese.


At this point, I could keep the potatoes in the fridge for up to 1 day. Obviously, Will and I didn't wait long to pop it in a 375 degree oven for 15-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


Ready for dinner!


We ended up dipping the potatoes in a little sour cream -- delicious!!

>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment