Friday, May 31, 2013

Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti

I'm a sucker for anything in a casserole dish. So when Will mentioned he was craving a pasta dish, I wanted to make this re-furbished lasagna dish. It takes about 40 minutes and will feed your crew for days!

I started with a home-made meat sauce. To the ground beef, I added andouille sausage for a cajun kick!


I cooked 16 oz of ziti pasta and added the sauce into the large pot.



Then I added 4 cups of spinach. Will helped me mix everything together :)



Then I added 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.



Once the mix was well incorporated, Will poured it into a 9x13 casserole dish.






He sprinkled it with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella.



We threw it in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.



All done!



We ate the baked ziti with garlic bread.


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment