Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Late Night Beef Fajitas

I love fajitas.

In fact, I made fajita Friday's a tradition since our marriage in March. Last night I had a craving for them and decided to grab my new DSLR camera (23rd birthday gift!) and get started!


 I first diced up one medium to large onion.



I did the same with half of a green bell pepper (although you can use any color bell pepper -- I just used what I had on hand).


I threw the chopped veggies into a non-stick skillet with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.


I sweat down the onion and pepper until they were slightly browned.


For these fajitas, I chose to use one pound of 80/20 ground chuck (80% lean, 20% lean). If I used a higher fat ratio to meat, I would have taken the vegetables out, browned the meat, and drained the fat and then thrown the veggies back in.


I broke up the meat...


... and cooked it until it was brown.


So I gotta admit that I'm kind of obsessed with the Frontera brand and Rick Bayless. For these fajitas, I used the Texas Original Taco Skillet Sauce with mild red chile and cumin... Yum!


I poured the sauce into the skillet.


I mixed the sauce into the meat and veggie mix and heated through.


Ready for dinner!


I love this tortilla warmer! We use it A LOT.


I like to top my fajita with sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, and...


... green pepper Tabasco sauce!


I can't help but sneak in a picture of my buddy Gideon -- he's my helper in the kitchen :)


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment