Thursday, October 24, 2013

Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme

I'm so excited to share this how-to because I LOVE Crunchwrap Supremes. And making them at home guarantees freshness and quality!

Here's my assembly line:

:
  • Taco meat -- cook down ground beef, drain fat, add taco seasoning packet & water (follow directions on the packet)
  • Nacho cheese sauce
  • Shredded mexican cheese blend
  • Sour cream
  • Shredded lettuce
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Tostadas
  • Burrito sized tortillas
  • Salsa (optional)
  • 9 in flour tortillas (optional)
  • Re-fried beans (optional)
I started with a layer of ground beef -- the same size as one tostada. Go ahead and grab a tostada and place it on the meat to guarantee you have the right amount of meat.

If I was using re-fried beans, I would spread a thin layer on the tortilla and then put the meat on top of it.


I drizzled on that luscious nacho cheese sauce. Super healthy ;)


I couldn't forget the shredded cheese!


I laid one tostada on top...


... and spread a thin layer of sour cream on top.


I placed the lettuce right on the sour cream.


Last but not least -- the tomatoes! (Optional, of course)


When I wrapped the tortilla around the filling, there was a substantial opening, and I happened to have 9 in tortillas -- so I cut one into fours...


... and placed it right on top! If you don't have a 9 in tortilla laying around, go ahead and slice the burrito size tortilla.


I wrapped the edges around the filling -- just as I would if I were making a galette.


My tomatoes made mine a little bigger, but my husband's turned out perfect!



I pre-heated a non-stick skillet and placed the crunchwrap supreme top side down and let the tortilla get warm and crunchy!


I flipped my masterpiece over and let the other side go for a bit.


Our condiments: Taco Bell Hot Sauce and Green Pepper Tabasco.


These were a hit! It's the perfect family dinner night idea because you can customize each one.


>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

2 comments: