Monday, January 21, 2019

Chocolate Trifle


I think the reason this dessert is such a hit is because it is a "healthy" option.

This recipe is super easy to put together, the ingredients include: 
  • Cool Whip
  • Chocolate Pudding
  • Milk
  • Chocolate Cake Mix (plus eggs and oil)
  • Heath Bar Bits
  • Mini Plastic Cups


I started by baking the chocolate cake in a 9x13 pan.


I placed the cake on a cooking rack...


... and put the cooling rack in the freezer for about an hour.


When the cake was ready, I placed it on a a cutting board.


I sliced the cake vertically...


... and then horizontally.


Here's a sweet picture of my buddy Gideon :) He loves hanging out with me in the kitchen!


I made the pudding while the cake was in the oven, and I made sure the Cool Whip was soft and defrosted in the fridge.


The first layer in the mini trifle is about 4 cake cubes, and then pudding.


Then there is a layer of Cool Whip.


Then I repeated the layers...


... and sprinkled Heath Bits on top.



I put the mini trifles in a cupcake tin, which kept them stable.


These are so mouth watering!


>> If you end up making this for dessert, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment