Thursday, November 14, 2013

DIY: Burlap Placecards

Can you see a theme in my recent posts? Burlap, folks. I'm obsessed with it right now.
For Thanksgiving, I wanted to make my own place cards instead of going out and buying them.

For this craft, I used:
  • Hot glue gun & glue sticks
  • Card stock
  • Scissors
  • Felt Pens
  • Ruler
  • Scorer/Box Cutter/Credit Card
  • Burlap (or whatever you want to embellish your place cards!)



I cut the card stock paper in 3in x 3 1/2in rectangles. I got about 6 place cards per 8x11in paper.
I then marked the halfway point on the 3 1/2in side, which is 1 3/4 in.

I then scored it across using my cutter/scorer template (Martha Stewart from Michael's). If you don't have one, you could lightly score the place card with scissors, bow cutter, or a credit card.


I then wrote out the names of my guests and then folded the place cards. Then, I cut little squares of burlap and then folded them in half. 

At this point, you could customize your place cards with whatever you'd like! For instance, I made my own place cards for my wedding and embellished them with buttons in our wedding colors:
(Aren't they super cute!?)

Okay, let's get back to business!


I took my hot glue gun and put it inside the burlap and then glued them on the place cards! They turned out so cute!



If you end up making your own -- let me know and share a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment