Saturday, February 20, 2016

Crab Rangoon

My mother-in-law told me there was a sale on crab at Jewel, so I decided to make crab rangoon and egg drop soup! I've been meaning to make crab rangoon ever since I had some at Big Bowl during our last Girls' Night. But do you really need an excuse? Absolutely not!



Ingredients:

  • 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
  • 6 oz crab meat
  • 1/2 bunch green onions
  • 2 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Package of wonton wrappers
  • Canola oil 
The first thing I did was cook the crab legs. I bought about 2 pounds of crab and boiled it for 5 minutes in water. Then I took all of the meat and separated if from the shell.


In a mixer, I combined the cream cheese, salt, powdered sugar, green onion, and crab.


I put 1 tbsp of the filling on each won ton wrapper.


You can fold it in many different ways, but I chose to fold the wrapper so it made a little pouch. I wet the edges of the won ton wrapper with water I used a paper towel that I dipped in water. The steps of how I folded the wrapper are pictured below.


All done and ready to fry! Make sure all of the edges are closed so that no filling can escape during the frying. 



I fried them in canola oil and then placed them in a baking dish lined with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.


They were absolutely delicious! You could dip them in sweet and sour sauce if you have that on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment