Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Easy Bacon, Cheese, and Spinach Quiche

I love, love, LOVE quiche! Will and I recently had a guest and for breakfast I wanted to make something special! I found an easy recipe for quiche, but I made it my own by adding and changing some ingredients.

I pre-baked a frozen 9 inch deep dish pie shell in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.

I mixed together the filling in a medium bowl. I included:
  • 3 strips bacon, cooked and diced in bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion, flash cooked in the bacon fat
  • 5 oz shredded mozzarella
  • 3 oz grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup thawed spinach, squeezed dry
When the pie shell was done, I dumped in the ingredients. Before I did, I placed the pie shell on a small baking sheet to make transportation to and fro the oven easy!



In a separate bowl, I whisked 4 large eggs, 1 cup of half & half, salt, and pepper.

I then poured the egg and cream mix over the rest of the filling. 


I turned down the heat to 350 degrees and baked it  for 35-45 minutes, or until the top turns to a golden brown.


It was super delicious!


>> If you end up making this for breakfast, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment