Monday, August 29, 2016

Zucchini Bread

When a recent visit from Will's grandparent's house, I left with a hoard of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and one very large zucchini. And memories of my mom making zucchini bread came to mind; grating zucchini, the smell of cinnamon filling the air... now I'm getting excited!

Note: This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread or one large bundt cake.

Ingredients:
  • 3 C flour (I used 2 C AP flour, and 1 C whole wheat flour)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 C vegetable oil
  • 1/2 C apple sauce
  • 1 C granulated white sugar
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 3 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3-4 C grated zucchini, not drained (the liquid makes the zucchini moist)
  • Optional: 1 C chopped walnuts


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

I put Will to work grating the zucchini!


Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.



In my mixer, I beat the eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract.


I added the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.


Beat well.


Fold/stir in the zucchini (and if you are adding walnuts, raisins, etc.).


The batter is ready!



Bake for 60 min.





>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis


No comments:

Post a Comment