Monday, July 14, 2014

Chicken & Gnocchi with Basil Pesto

Friends, this is a quick dinner -- like 15 minutes top! I cooked, we ate, and I cleaned within an hour.


Ingredients for the basil pesto:
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/8 cup Pine Nuts
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
I added all the pesto ingredients into my bullet (you can use a food processor, or blender) and let it rip!



Look how green!



Preparing the chicken & gnocchi:


I cut one chicken breast into bite size pieces, about as big as the gnocchi and browned the chicken in some olive oil. I used a large stainless steel skillet because the gnocchi and pesto are going to join the party in a little bit.


I added the gnocchi to some salted boiling water and cooked it for 2-3 minutes.


Chicken is all browned!


I added the gnocchi to the skillet and lightly browned them. At this point, the heat is on low.


I poured the pesto over the chicken and gnocchi and gave it a toss!


Beautiful! Ready for plating :)


I garnished each serving with chopped parsley and more Parmesan -- so good!

>> If you end up making this for dinner, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment