Saturday, March 29, 2014

Red Velvet Oreo Brownies

I'm just going to jump right into how to make these decadent desserts because I don't feel like I need to give you guys an explanation of why I made them... (red velvet, chocolate, more chocolate) But here's how!


Ingredients:
  • 1 box of Red Velvet cake mix
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ~18 double stuf Oreos, broken up
  • 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup Hershey's dark chocolate fudge
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
To make the brownie batter, I mixed the box of red velvet, butter, vanilla, and egg.



I pressed it down into a 9x13 pan. You could either grease the pan or use parchment paper like I did.


Then, I broke up the Oreo cookies and evenly layered them on the red velvet brownie mix.


To make the fudge layer, I mixed the sweetened condensed milk and fudge.


I slowly drizzled it over the Oreo cookies.


The final touch is a light sprinkling of chocolate chips! Because there wasn't enough chocolate before ;)


After chillin' in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, they were perfect! I let them cool in the pan and after about an hour, I just lifted the brownies out using the sides of the parchment paper. 

After they were completely cool, I cut them in about 2 in squares. I didn't get an after shot of the cut brownies, but believe me -- they were amazing!


>> If you end up making this for dessert, tag me in an Instagram post -- @marriedtodavis or #marriedtodavis

No comments:

Post a Comment