Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Twin Nursery

When Will and I were trying to figure out how to make a nursery for our son and daughter, we decided to go neutral. 

Our theme was inspired by You Are My Sunshine and the colors we wanted to use were yellow, gray, and teal. We thought white furniture would pop against the dark gray walls.

We bought our cribs from Babies 'R Us, the block letters were bought from Walmart and spray painted white, the You Are My Sunshine decal is from Kirkland's, and the banner is from Hobby Lobby.


Some of the wonderful books we received at the baby shower.



We bought the curtains from Menards. They were labeled "blackout", but they didn't block out as much light as we wanted.


The changing table was gifted to us. It was originally a cherry color so we painted it white. I used gray and yellow contact paper to decorate the shelves. The wall art was picked up at Big Lots, and the rocker/recliner is from Darvin's (on clearance!).


This dresser was also gifted to us and was originally laminate wood. I painted it with Kilz primer and Behr paint. I also spray painted the handles gray. Decals were purchased from Hobby Lobby, Kohls, and Kirkland's. I used contact paper for the back side of the dresser on the left side. 


We absolutely LOVE how it all turned out! Now we just have to wait for the twins to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment